Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Valentine Wreath



Totally a first for me! I finally decided to make a wreath, and what better than a Valentine's Wreath ?

I knew four things which I wanted most definitely 1) must be red and white 2) the ring must not be thick and chunky - it has to be thin-nish 3) it has to have a soft romantic look 4) my mini rustic wreath with the little bird must hang on the inside.

Started gathering my craft goodies, but I still had no thin ring to use as a base ! I told Roy what I needed, and off he went {he has all sorts of stuff in his garage..}, returned with an old chlorine container's lid ?? Now what ... I thought maybe he misunderstood, but no he explained what he will do. See below how the container lid looked after he had a 5 minute go at it:  {The lid is around 40cm - 16 inches in diameter}


He cut out the center of the lid and gave it a quick sanding where he made the cuts so that it looks nice and smooth!
The other materials I used - Half a skein of a wispy {is that the right descriptive?} type of wool - Silver Butterfly - Large White Flower - Small dark Red Heart - Tiny Silver ribbonRroses - and off course my Rustic mini Wreath which I bought a few years ago


Top left - close-up of one of the tiny silver ribbon roses
Top right - my rustic mini wreath
Bottom left - I glued the heart onto the center of the white flower and added a heart Rhinestone
Bottom right - silver butterfly {this is so adorable!}


Basically this is what I did:

-Wrapped the wispy wool all around the ring
-Used a red ribbon to tie the mini wreath to the larger wreath
-Added the white flower with the heart 
-I could not get the Butterfly to stick using glue {as I did with all the others} - I ended up using a piece of    Prestik... that did the trick
-Finally I added the tiny silver roses

What do you think of my first go at a wreath? 

How is everyone else's Valentine crafts doing? Done a few yet, or still trying to get over Christmas and New Years ?

Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did making the wreath!

Ciao for now,


Linking up with these cool parties:



19 comments:

  1. So pretty Linda, and congrats on your first wreath. I have been so bad at getting myself together after Christmas I just took down the tree today :).

    I've never made a proper wreath, I did try once and my husband asked if it was a steering wheel cover - back to the drawing board LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Thanks for sharing! Hubby was definitley creative with getting you a ring!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making a wreath has been on my list of things to do for years now. no joke. I am so pathetic about that kind of stuff lol. Maybe after we move, I'll have to make one! Yours looks great, Linda! I absolutely love the red wispy stuff :) Beautiful wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I really like the wreath in a wreath with the little bird! I used some little metal birds in my wreath today too!! Love the light airy-ness of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I made my first wreath last fall, and I was hooked! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Linda! Thanks for sharing all your creativity with the newbie with a twist party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out so pretty Linda! That Roy sounds like a gem. ;)

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! You did a great job! I am visiting via Mop It Up Mondays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wreath. I just completed a Valentine's project myself. I'm visiting from Mop It Up Mondays. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your wreath! It is so pretty!! I love the bird and butterfly. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, love your wreath! Thanks for sharing over on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your inspirational craft project with our Crafty Showcase last week! You rock!

    We can't wait for you to stop in and share more of your ideas with us. The Crafty Showcase is open from Friday midnight until Thursday noon! http://bowdabrablog.com/

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute wreath Linda.. And congrats on your first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! Loved and pinned. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, love the base for the wreath. My dad was always like that and would have done the same thing! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty wreath! Thanks for sharing how to make it. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! I love the feather look to it! Thanks for linking up to Family Fun Friday today!

    ReplyDelete