Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Valentines Wall Display



This is actually my Wall Plant Box, which is in my bedroom.  It is on a small strip of wall next to one of the windows, but it is also the first wall one looks at when walking down the passage or entering my bedroom.

You can read about that project, as well as see the plans/sizes {step-by-step} on how to build this easy shabby-beachy box HERE, and yes, the plants {succulents, which I thought would take a lot to kill} are all dead... amazing, I only need to look at a plant - even plastic ones - and they quit on me!  It might have to do with the fact that one really need to give the poor guys a bit of water now and then, succulents or not ...

We had to stop, midway, with the make-over of our bedroom {beach themed} last year, September, due to more security which we had to add to the house first.



1.) I started with the felt hearts in red and white, cut into 2 different sizes {4 of each}
2.) The smaller heart was glued to it's opposite color larger heart {more or less in the center}
3.) I added tiny silk roses using Berry pins

Punched holes into the larger hearts and threaded through a thin silver chain which I used to hang as a small garland on the bottom piece of the plant box.



Some close-ups of what I added 

- The small heart/chain garland
- Top left: another felt heart with a LOVE charm, kept in place with 2 Berry Pins
- Top right: The 2 resin hearts were already on the box and I added a medium silk rose to the tops
- Bottom left: a new plant {Maiden Hair, I think it's called}in a pot which I bought a few of for next to nothing last year
- Bottom right: A Beachy style bench frame with a photo of Roy, myself and the kids - this is usually displayed on our entertainment cabinet in the bedroom

Let me know what you think !  {I am still busy with a small table Valentines vignette, but suddenly crafter's block struck me since the beginning of 2013 - amazed myself by doing this one shared today!}


                                                  

Linking up with these cool parties:





31 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! sweet little grouping you have made up - love the hearts - I made some similar to yours. Have a great day!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw shucks...so sweet!! Valentine's Day can come now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is really lovely for valentines day, have to admit, I have never decorated for it (maybe because I usually am still putting away christmas :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet project!Love the little roses on the hearts.Thanks for sharing.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Family Home and Life Wow Us Wednesday Link Party. Your display looks so pretty that it caught my eye. Hi from Tempe, Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This link caught my eye right away. So pretty & special!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, I love the shabbiness with the pops of red!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This came out very pretty! Visiting today from the Adorned from Above hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, the marshmallows and now this... and I see DIY candles in the side bar... I could just move in over here. :) What an excellent selection of things to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I"m from tutorial-thursday.
    Lovely idea!
    sweet , cute
    I'm your new follower
    http://becreativemommy.blogspot.co.uk
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this, and i love that you keep this in your room!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Succulent Sisters. Love your display.
    XOXO's

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty vignette. Thanks for sharing. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very cute! I have not made a valentine banner, but you make me want to with those adorable little felt hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! I love how you made the wall work for Vday. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very adorable grouping! I love the chair picture frame!
    I just started a new link party and would love if you would come on over and share your post or social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-5/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it makes a great display, I never would've guessed it was a wall plant box! -Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant idea and easy too do....my kind of craft! Happy to be following you my friend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. very cute and love that is so easy and simple to do!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty Valentine display, I wish I was that crafty. Thank you so much for sharing with Saturday Spotlight. Have a great week and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look, saw it at CRAFT linky party and had to visit. Thanks for sharing the beauty with us!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. how pretty! I love the hearts you made. Thanks for sharing at Tasteful Tuesdays this week! Do you sew or know someone who does? I have a fabulous pattern sale (18 patterns for under $25) and giveaway going on right now.http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/02/sew-fab-e-pattern-sale-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful, thanks for sharing this great craft on Tutorial Thursdays.
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you shared this super cute Valentines project at last weekends link party @The Weekend re-Treat

    Hope to see you again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love this wall display. Too cute! Thanks for sharing this along with your other cute things and yummy sweets.
    Hugs,
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Linda, your vignette is so sweet and is bound to make everyone smile when they see it. Thanks so much for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for linking up your awesome project! We've already got our next Showcase up, so come stop by and link up another project!

    Have a great week!
    Susie@bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com/2013/02/09/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-19/

    ReplyDelete
  28. So fun! I love the felt hearts! Thanks so much for linking this up to Nap-Time Creations Tasteful Tuesday. I'm featuring it today as party of a 25 fabulous valentine ideas post! I would be so excited if you would come over and grab a new featured button and put it on your post! :o) OH and I have a WEEK of giveaways going on for my blog birthday... stop by and check it out and enter!!! A new one will be posted every day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You always have such great ideas! I am so unmotivated to much of anything right now lol.

    ReplyDelete