Sunday, May 26, 2013

3D Butterfly Side-Table

With A Blast: DIY 3D Butterfly Side-Table      #diy   #crafts   #furniturepainting

I have been wanting to paint this table for the last couple of months, but somehow, something else was pushed to the front of my diy line.

We bought a 3 piece entertainment center many years ago, and the store had a special going at the time - if you spent a certain amount, you could choose something to a value determined by them. Seeing as we had no coffee or side tables then, we chose a set comprising of 1 x coffee table and 2 x side tables, of which the above is one of those side tables  {not sure where the other side table is, but I still have the coffee table somewhere...}

With A Blast

This is how the side table looked like before - we still used it, but it was sort of "hidden" between two couches

With A Blast: 3D Butterflies {paper}

I forgot to take a photo of painting the table - but basically, I just painted the whole table in this blue - above photo shows the 3 different size butterflies, which I cut out of flowery, thickish paper and folded a little to give a 3D effect - it looked a little bare and I added 3 fabric flat flowers, which I cut from a piece of ribbon. The butterflies and flowers are held into place by small pieces of Prestik, should I want to change this.

With A Blast: DIY 3D Butterfly Side-Table     #diy   #crafts   #furniturepainting

Finally, I stuck 4 rubber protectors, one per corner, on the table and placed a 6mm thick piece of glass over {I had the glass cut to size}

Now, all I need to do, when I am in the mood for something different, is lift up the glass and change the butterflies to whatever I want !

With A Blast: Before/After 3D Butterfly Side Table   #diy   #crafts   #furniturepainting

A last look at the Before and After.

Let me know what you think about this or alternatives {for the future of course!} for the butterflies/flowers.

With A Blast

Linking up with these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:











18 comments:

  1. What a transformation Linda! You did an awesome job. The blue, my favourite colour, is lovely and of course butterflies always add beauty to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh that's so pretty linda. I love the blue colour it's truly gorgeous and I don't normally go for blue :)
    The butterflies will keep you smiling right through winter xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure like your table a whole lot better painted the light blue. Guess I'm just very over the type of finish your table had originally. Wonderful job refinishing, makes it look more up to date. Happy holiday weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doesn't even look like the same table. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Great idea...Thank you again for sharing your great ideas at One More Time Events

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Linda! I'm telling you...more furniture makeovers please!! You do a lovely job. Those butterflies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing transformation!!! You could even change out the butterflies for each different season. I think all oak tables should be painted a pretty color, they look so much nicer:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute project! Love the transformation and butterflies too!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative! Love all the little butterflies! Thanks for sharing at Give Me The Goods Monday! Can't wait to see what you bring next week! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love for you to share this at my link up where we pin all those who join to our party board http://myfashionforwardblog.com/2013/05/30/all-things-pretty-10/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea! I love that you left it to where it can easily be changed :) It looks great, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! You did a great job. Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever -- love that blue! It will make a great background for almost anything you choose. Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Linda,

    Your table turned out beautiful!
    What a great Idea to add the
    butterflies!

    Have a great week ahead.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda this is MARVELOUS!!! So many goodies can be displayed under there! LOVE IT!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality last week! Looking forward to partying with you again tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning! I love this idea and It's very unique. Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/06/tuesdays-with-twist-9-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda,
    Great table. Thanks so much for sharing and co-hosting Adorned From Above's Blog Hop.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete