Saturday, May 11, 2013

Patio Potplant Table

With A Blast: Patio Potplant Table {unusual but fun!}

I had such a busy day today with finishing up gifts for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day as well as a hamper for her and my sister-in-law as they are now more or less settled in their new apartment.

Fortunately, Roy asked for slow-cooker Oxtail yesterday, so that was in the cooker doing it's own thing all day, leaving me with some extra time to start some new crafts and finishing up others.

One of the projects I {with Roy's help, bless him!} managed to start and finish today.  This was a real quick craft and if you have everything on hand, you can make one within an hour or two.  I had seen something similar on the BHG website recently and it stuck in my head.

Cheri, threw out an ordinary round wooden table with a loose glass top {which of course, I kept} and among the stuff my sister-in-law got rid off the other day, were 2 bar stools, old, awful color but still very sturdy.

To make this table we used the following:

- the round glass top of the table Cheri threw out
- old metal {thin pipe-like} which we had leftover from another project we did .. post still to follow
- a largish potplant {our pot had a plant in, which we removed and swapped for different plants}
- Marine silicone sealant

With A Blast

Above you can see the original plant, the metal pieces and the two bar stools

With A Blast

We removed the plant - made three holes and stuck the metal pieces through - Roy joined the pieces on top with some screws  {see next photo}

With A Blast, potplant table, table and potplant in one,

Above you can see how he fixed the three pieces together with screws as well as the {still wet here} Marine silicone sealant - we wiped away the excess silicone, just before it dried rock hard

patio, potplant, table, patio potplant table

We painted and slightly sanded the plant pot and you can see here that when the pot is filled, the legs are very sturdy

with a blast, patio potplant table, patio table, distressing painted wood,

We sanded the bar stools as well and gave it a light Orange spray {which I am not sure I like ... - might change the color}

patio table, unusual patio table, potplant and table in one,

And this is what we ended up with !  The table is higher than the one I had seen on BHG and that is why the bar stools are perfect {...just not happy with the Orange ...}

I wanted to finish the small night stand, which I started a week or two ago, today, but time ran out, and tomorrow we won't be here for most of the day ... ugh, I need to clear some space  {only for me to get more fun stuff to practice my newly found painting/crafting/re-purposing ....}

Happy Mother's Day to all and I hope you have a lovely day !  {any Dad's reading this - next month is your month !}

Ciao for now,


FEATURED AT:


Linking up with these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:







27 comments:

  1. So cute Linda!! I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL idea!Well done!
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I LOVE this table! Wow, you did such a great job and what a perfect little table for the patio. Thanks SO much for sharing, I need a table or two for my outdoor space. Have a happy and lovely Mother's Day! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda this is a killer project! I love it! I've already showed it to Sam too. I kind of like the orange myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, cute, creative, and clever! I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda that is pure genius and so pretty. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable and so creative! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 4 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/05/give-me-goods-monday-link-party-8.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job! Can't wait to see what you do for Father's day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out so cute. I love the table Linda.
    Debi
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I would love for you to share this on my weekly link party Blog Stalking Thursday. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how that came all together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading about other people's creativity! So neat!
    I just found your site through inspire me Monday. Check out my site if you like--it's new:
    http://mydevotionalthoughts.net

    I am following you on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks great! i love the pot!makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so cool! You're so creative. Thanks so much for sharing at Give Me The Goods Monday! Hope to see you again next Monday ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Job... I love it Linda! Thank you so much for stopping by and linking this up at Bewitch Me & Titi! Hope to have you there next Sunday with a new awesome creation!

    Hope you are having a lovely day

    Hugs
    Cami @ TitiCrafty by Camila

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great! Thank you for sharing this on Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great transformation! & I am liking the color orange too! great idea! Stopping by from Its Overflowing party today! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this idea...thanks for sharing! Visiting from Diana Rambles Pin Me party.
    Karen @ annumography

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you did a great job! This project is AH-MAZING! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for sharing at A Peek Into Paradise TGIF Link Party.

    I hope you will come party with us next week and see if you were featured! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    Have a great week!

    Hugs! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is just the cutest thing! Very clever. Thanks for joining us this week at Transformed Tuesday.

    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great project Linda!
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist! Hope to see you again this week!

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/search/label/Tuesdays%20with%20a%20Twist

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh Linda, your projects are always so amazing!
    Thanks for sharing on Tutorial Thursdays, I look forward to visiting your crafts again this week.
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a fabulous idea! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great use of space with a potted plant and table in one. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete