Friday, May 3, 2013

Sausage Paella


I do not make Paella very often, maybe once or twice a year.  If you are wondering why, uhm,, I can not cook rice using a standard pot on a stove plate !  Never could and never would. 

Fortunately there are these great gadgets of which my favorite is my automatic rice-cooker. It tells you how much rice to add as well as the water for different size portions rice. Once cooked, it switches over to "warm only" mode by itself, and there is no chance of burning.

However, I did not make this in my rice-cooker and yes, I burnt it {but only slightly!}. The burnt taste was there, but not too bad, the other ingredients made up for that.

SAUSAGE PAELLA

{4 large servings}

6 Sausages, Beef or Pork   {I used Pork today}
2 TB Olive Oil
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into thin strips
3 t Garlic, crushed
1 TB Paprika
1 1/2 cups Rice, uncooked
3 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
1/3 cup Parsley, chopped finely
Salt & Black Pepper, to taste

1.) Heat the Olive Oil in a wok or electric pan - cook the Sausages until done - remove from pan - cut into bite-sized pieces and keep aside.
2.) Using the same pan, saute the Onion, Peppers and Garlic for around 5 minutes {the Peppers must start blackening, not too much, though} - lower the heat - add the Paprika and Rice - stir through - add the Chicken Stock, half of the Parsley and return the Sausage pieces to the wok/pan - get it to boiling point, lower the heat and simmer until the Rice is done.  {Please check regularly!}
3.) If needed, season with Salt and Black Pepper - garnish with the remaining Parsley.

Serve with a crunchy salad and enjoy.

Later,


Linking up with these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:





4 comments:

  1. I am the same way with rice - I love my rice cooker ;) My parents lived in Spain for 3 years and always raved about paella .... but I've never had it! Pinning to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really exciting! My dad makes paella a lot, but always with shell fish that I don't like. I don't know why I didn't think to make it with a different meat, instead. Awesome!!

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this dish looks delicious. I cannot wait to put it on my menu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete