Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Avocado & Corn Salad

With A Blast: Avocado & Corn Salad     #saladrecipes

This is my very basic go to salad recipe. Pasta, Potato and Rice salads are all starches and sometimes we have another side dish, salad or even part of the main dish, with loads of starches included.

It does not make sense to serve a potato salad when you have, for instance, baked potatoes as well.  I suppose some people like it that way, but too much of even a good thing, is not good.

This salad is extremely refreshing and crunchy. You can swop and change ingredients as you wish, add more or less of something or leave out if you do not like it.

I'm not giving any quantities as that is totally up to you:

AVOCADO & CORN SALAD

English Cucumber, cut into thick rings and then halved
Crispy Lettuce, leaves torn into smaller pieces
Tomato, center removed and chopped into small cubes
Canned Corn Kernels, drained
Mustard & Honey Dressing  {very little}
Avocado, cubed
Freshly Ground Black pepper

1.) Toss together the Cucumber, Lettuce, Tomato and Corn - add some Dressing and stir through.
2.) Add the Avocado to the Salad just before serving - season with Black Pepper.

Serve and enjoy!

{if you want to add the Avocado from the start, lightly sprinkle with Lemon Juice to avoid discoloring}

Later,


With A Blast




10 comments:

  1. Well as we say have an ava....yum! It's the one thing I don't grow....yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this one is definitely getting pinned Linda - it looks soooo delicious - I could live on avacados really!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVe avocados so this looks pretty awesome to me! I wanted to let you know that I moved my link party over to my site: shareatopia.com. I'd love for you to link up there! Thanks! - Michelle at Printabelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful salad!
    We often make a very similar salad for Friday dinner
    Personally - I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are big into salads so I'll give this one a try. BUT I'm cutting the cucumber smaller, thick chunks aren't for me. It's taken me too long to get my husband to cut them small to let him go crazy on this salad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great.. my daughter is 3 and a very picky eater but she actually likes all of the ingredients here so Ill have to whip this up! Found you through Show Me What You Got party- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy! I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
    Dandelion Wishes Wednesday. I'm also pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need more side dish recipes ... I seem to be in a rut right now! This sounds perfect - love all of the ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so good ... the perfect side dish for a barbecue! I featured this tonight at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis