Friday, June 21, 2013

Cheeseburger Casserole

With A Blast: Cheeseburger Casserole    #casseroles #weekendfoods  #burger

This casserole was a total delight! I loved how it was put together, it tasted amazing - but best of all ... was to tell my family it is a Cheeseburger Casserole.

Cheri is not here, and that left me with the three men in the house - they only heard Cheeseburger, and not "casserole" as well {well, I suppose they hear what they want to hear!}  Anyhow, I gave my shopping list to Roy {after I told him what was for dinner} and off he went, got everything - burger buns included.

Soooo, a bit later, while I was preparing dinner, he wanted to know where the buns are ... total and utter shock when he saw that I had them all chopped up into cubes ! "Now, where .. how are we eating cheeseburgers?" ---  yeah, he asked that and I told him to wait and see !

Ok, I found the recipe on a site which is totally new to me, but I think I just might become a regular visitor there. It is called Reservation for Two and if you go HERE you can see the original recipe by them, which I adapted to suit our needs.

CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE

{4 - 6 servings}

6 Burger Buns, chopped into 2.5cm {1 inch} cubes
3 t Aromat/Fondor/Knorr seasoning
3 t Garlic Salt
Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
750g Lean Ground Beef  {Mince}
1 can (400g) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 can Milk   {use the soup can}
Salt & Black Pepper
1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated

Toppings of your choice: I used Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado   {optional}

1.) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
2.) Place the chopped Buns, Seasoning and Garlic Salt in a large bowl - mix well to coat all the pieces with the Salt & Seasoning - turn out onto a lined baking sheet and bake 10 - 15 minutes until just starting to crisp on the outside.
3.) Whilst the bread are in the oven, heat a little Olive Oil in a medium pan - saute the Onion until soft - add the Ground Beef and cook until the meat are loose and done - add the Mushroom Soup and the Milk - stir through and simmer for 10 minutes - season to taste with Salt & Black Pepper.

With A Blast

4.) Remove the bread {bun} cubes from the oven and keep aside.


With A Blast

5.) Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared casserole dish.

With A Blast

6.) Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the Cheddar Cheese over.

With A Blast

7.) Place all the cubed toasted bun pieces over the cheese.

With A Blast

8.) Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup Cheddar Cheese over the bun cubes.

With A Blast

9.) Bake for 10 minutes until the Cheddar cheese has melted.

With A Blast

10.) Remove from the oven and top with your choice of toppings.

With A Blast: Cheeseburger Casserole    #cheeseburger  #casserole

Serve and enjoy !

Ciao for now,

With A Blast

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's one for the men for sure, Im making fritto pie for the first. Time tonight but I think this will have to go on the list, just one question I'm not sure what the seasoning is, all three are unknown to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - My family loves cheeseburgers :) I need to try this one - it's so simple! I can almost imagine Roy seeing all of those buns cubed up - it kinda makes me chuckle ;)

    ReplyDelete