Thursday, June 20, 2013

Chocolate Caramel Peanut Cookie Bars

With A Blast: Chocolate Caramel Peanut Cookie Bars  #cookies  #peanutbrittle #chocolate

Peanut Brittle is one of my favorite snacks! {especially when we go shopping ;-)  } I would always pop one into the trolley and before we even reach the car after check out, it will be all gone !  And I mean, the big slab, not the little ones you munch down in a bite or two..

Not a very healthy snack to have, but well, that's one of my many few edible pleasures in life!

Right, so when I came across this recipe in a magazine, I had to make it immediately - and truthfully, I had most of the cookie bars myself. Not that the others did not like it, I did offer them some, and then put it out of eyesight {sneaky mother, hey!}

I adjusted the recipe slightly {as I mostly do..} and also added Chocolate Chips.

CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PEANUT COOKIE BARS

{about 16 cookie bars}

1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1 1/4 cups Flour
1/4 cup Self-Raising Flour
2 TB Custard Powder
Pinch of Salt

1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 TB Golden Syrup    {or Corn Syrup or even Honey}
1/3 cup + 1 TB Butter, cubed
1/2 - 3/4 cups Peanuts, chopped or whole   {I used Salted, but you can use Unsalted}
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

1.) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2.) Beat together the Butter and Sugar, in a medium bowl, until thick and creamy - add the Egg Yolk and mix well.
3.) In a separate bowl, sift together the Flour, Self-Raising Flour, Custard Powder and Salt - add to the Butter mixture and mix until a stiff dough forms {you might need to add a little more Flour} - press the dough into the baking tray {it looks very thin} - bake 15 minutes - remove from the oven.
4.) Whilst the cookie part is baking, place the Brown Sugar, Syrup and Butter into a small pot - melt over low heat, stirring until the Sugar has dissolved and the Butter melted - simmer 5 minutes {keep an eye on this, as it browns fairly quickly} - give it a stir every now and then - when done, add the Peanuts and stir through.
5.) As soon as the cookie comes out of the oven - spread the Caramel/Peanut mixture over the cookie - sprinkle the Chocolate Chips over - return to the oven and bake a further 5 minutes.

Remove and let cool in the pan - cut into squares.

I hope you enjoy this easy cookie recipe {and I would totally understand if you do not really want to share!}

Till next time,

With A Blast

Linking up with some of these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:







4 comments:

  1. yum, yum ,yum...I'm making this today..except i have to substitute nuts because of the babies..or i will leave a small nut free section!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome...thanks for sharing at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how much my family LOVES these!
    They look terrific and they they taste GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably have to hide some from my family lol .... pinned

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis