Monday, June 24, 2013

Chocolate & Vanilla Pancakes with Choc Ice-Cream & Fudge Sauce

With A Blast: Chocolate & Vanilla Pancakes with Chocolate Ice-Cream & Fudge Sauce  #dessert  #pancakes

A simple recipe which looks amazing !  The Chocolate Ice-Cream is my quick homemade version, very creamy hence the quick melting !

These are really just normal {smaller sized} pancakes with a whirl of chocolate pancake mixture, but oh, so good ... I thought I had Chocolate Ice Cream in the freezer but had only Vanilla and we were done with grocery shopping for the day.

No, I did not want to serve them with Vanilla!  So, for the first time in my life, I made my own chocolate ice-cream, and even if I have to say so myself --- total delight!  It turned out extremely creamy and was lovely served with these warm pancakes.

You can either make my recipe or just take a short-cut {as I would have!} and use ready-made Chocolate Ice-Cream.

CHOCOLATE & VANILLA PANCAKES WITH CHOC ICE-CREAM & FUDGE SAUCE

{6 - 8 servings}

PANCAKES:

1 3/4 cups Flour
1/4 t Salt
1 t Sugar
2 Eggs
400ml Milk
1 TB Oil
1 TB Cocoa Powder

CHOCOLATE ICE-CREAM:

2 cups Vanilla Ice-Cream, softened slightly
1/4 cup Fresh Cream   {double cream/whipping cream}
1 TB Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate, melted

FUDGE SAUCE:

250g Fudge, plain , chopped  {homemade or store-bought}
3/4 cup Fresh Cream   {double cream/whipping cream}

1.) If making your own Chocolate Ice Cream - start with this first - using a fork, whisk the Cocoa Powder through the Fresh Cream until creamy - briskly mix in with the softened Vanilla Ice-Cream - add the melted Dark Chocolate mixing through very fast - place covered in the freezer compartment - when frozen halfway, whisk again with a fork and return to the freezer until firm, but not hard.
2.)  Pancakes: Sift together the Flour, Salt & Sugar - in a separate bowl, beat together the Eggs, Milk and Oil - make a hollow in the center of the Flour - pour the Milk mixture in all at once and beat until smooth. Spoon out a third of the pancake mixture - add the Cocoa Powder to this, mix to combine.
3.) Using a small non-stick pan {about 15cm in diameter} - add enough of the Vanilla batter to cover the bottom - Drizzle over about 1 tablespoon of the Chocolate batter over - cook until small bubbles form and flip over - cook another 30 seconds - 1 minute - repeat until all the batter is finished. {keep warm}
4.) Fudge Sauce:  Place the Fudge and the Fresh Cream in a small pot - heat until the Fudge has melted and the sugar crystals has melted - remove from heat.

TO SERVE:  Place one or two warm pancakes on a serving plate - spoon over some Chocolate Ice-Cream and drizzle with the Fudge Sauce.

Serve immediately.

I had more chocolate pancake batter left and a little bit of the vanilla, so I made a reverse color pancake just for the fun and to use up whatever was left:

With A Blast: Chocolate & Vanilla Pancakes with Choc Ice-Cream & Fudge Sauce   #pancakes   #dessert

My hand might have slipped a little with the Fudge Sauce {but it is sooo delicious!}

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did !

With A Blast

Linking up with these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:





5 comments:

  1. This looks yum but it's making me shiver...come on summer I want ice cream again...you can make me some pancakes though yummmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! It's supposed to be 117°F this weekend ....... I wonder if I could eat this for breakfast since it has pancakes?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Linda these look amazing, could just eat them right of the screen!!

    Thanks for linking up today to Serenity Saturday Link Party

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    Your pancakes look amazing. I also love the new look of you blog. It looks great.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea how I missed this wonderful post
    These pancakes look scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete