Monday, June 10, 2013

White Chocolate Panna Cotta

With A Blast: White Chocolate Panna Cotta   {the cheat's way!}   #desserts  #whitechocolate

I have been wanting to make Panna Cotta for some time now, but this is one of those recipes I am very wary of {meaning the correct way of making them}.

Then, the other day I found this recipe in a magazine and could not believe how easy it is to make. It is, however, according to me, a cheat's way ----- which I love !

Maybe by starting on an easier version, would prompt me to make it the correct way.

WHITE CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA

{6 servings}

15g Gelatin, plain
approximately   2 TB Water
1 cup Sugar
1 t Vanilla
100g Good Quality White Chocolate, broken into pieces
2 cups Milk
500g Greek Yoghurt
Cigar Wafer Biscuits, to serve   {optional}

1.) Place the gelatin in a small bowl and add just enough Water to cover the powder - once spongy, place in the microwave for 10 seconds until clear and dissolved - keep aside.
2.) Add the Sugar, Vanilla, Chocolate and Milk to a medium pot - heat over medium heat until the Chocolate is melted and the Sugar has dissolved - remove from heat and add the Gelatin - mix well.
3.) Add the Yoghurt and make sure everything is well combined.
4.) Divide the mixture into 6 bowls and chill until set {around 2 - 3 hours}

Serve on it's own or with Cigar Wafer Biscuits.


Enjoy!

With A Blast






13 comments:

  1. Is it really that simple I've only ever had it in restaurants because I thought it was too fancy for me to try yum, and pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, LInda. Hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwww
    I LOVE white chocolate and this is definitely my kind of dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding a simple way to make a fancy dessert! This looks yummy!

    We would love for you to link this up with us at Living Well Spending Less! You can link up any of your thrifty projects each Thursday - we would love to have you join us! http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Greek yogurt in panna cootta? That's a new one for me! This looks delicious! I folllowed you here from the Cast Party Link Party, by the way. Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tasty-tuesdays-14-plus-16-dad-approved-fathers-day-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good--I love anything with white chocolate in it! I'm stopping by from Inspire Me Please (My posts are #7 How To Repurpose a Frame and #9 Super Creamy Pancakes)
    CarrieThisHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a delicious dessert. Hope you have a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love panna cotta! This looks Delish :) Hope you can bring it by Super Sunday at Who Needs a Cape? http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/06/super-sunday-party-2/

    Saw you at the Country Cook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good, I've never had panna cotta! Pinned to my MM board, thanks for linking to Marvelous Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must try this one! I have never had panna cotta but it sounds divine - especially with white chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had some before! It sure looks YUMMY Linda!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer!! See you tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my but this does look and sound so very delicious. I must try this for sure. Thank you so very much for sharing the recipe!!! Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so elegant and delicious!
    I hope you won't mind if I use this in the Food Fight feature (photo only and a link back, of course!)

    ReplyDelete