Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Coca-Cola Meatballs

With A Blast: Coca-Cola Meatballs   {tangy & saucy!}  #cocacola #meatballs #partysnacks #snacks

You should know by now that I am a self-declared Coca-Cola addict ! Not just any Cola - the real thing Coca-Cola, not diet or light ...

I have found that when used in recipes it gives an amazing taste - sweet dishes are a little sweeter, but fuller, and savory dishes a bit of a tangy taste and it adds richness to the recipe as well.

These meatballs can be made in golf ball sizes {which is what I did} and served over pasta with the sauce for a delicious dinner - OR make them a little smaller, insert a toothpick after baking and serve with the sauce as a dip at a party.

Cheri was home for the weekend and she is a huge fan of meatballs, but I wanted to try a new recipe and found one on the Mr. Food website which you can find HERE.

COCA-COLA MEATBALLS

{36 - 48 meatballs}

500g Lean Ground Beef  {Mince}
1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 Egg
1 TB Water
1 small Onion, chopped finely, divided
1/2 t Salt, divided
1/2 t Freshly Ground Black Pepper, divided
2 t Garlic, crushed
1 cup Tomato Sauce
1 cup Coca-Cola
2 TB Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped finely

1.) Pre-heat the oven to 160 deg C (325 deg F} - spray a 20 x 30cm oven dish with cooking spray.
2.) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the Beef, Bread Crumbs, Egg, Water, 1/2 of the chopped Onion, half the Salt & half the Black Pepper - mix well and form into balls - place in a single layer on the prepared oven dish.
3.) In a small bowl, mix together the remaining Onion, Salt, and Pepper - add the Garlic, Tomato Sauce, Coca-Cola, Worcestershire Sauce and the Green Bell Pepper - pour over the meatballs.
4.) Bake 50 - 60 minutes {turning twice} until sauce is bubbly and the meatballs are fully cooked.


Serve over pasta, rice or mash - or serve as a snack with the sauce on the side !

Enjoy !

With A Blast

Linking up with some of these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:





5 comments:

  1. I think these sound great, Linda! My kiddos like meatballs too - but I never think to make them! I've pinned this to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda these sound so good, I booked marked them so when I have the kids here I am cooking these and putting them on a sub roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a coke and a smile! I know some folks that will love trying these. They are meatball die hards. I use Dr. Pepper a lot for flavor it is kind of the same concept. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about Coke being the real deal--and I'm sure it is awesome in these meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,
    Your Coca Cola Meatballs are awesome, we would just love this flavor. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete