Thursday, July 4, 2013

Creamy Eclairs

With A Blast: Creamy Eclairs   #dessert  #eclairs  #creamy


Creamy and delicious! A few weeks ago, I pinned and printed a recipe which I found on PINT SIZED BAKER 's site, where you can see the original recipe HERE.

Now, if you are not familiar with Karyn's, from Pint Sized Baker, recipes, you should really hop over there and check it out. Karyn has some of the most amazing creations I have ever seen !

I chose this recipe, which I am sharing today, as it is not complicated and I could easily adapt it to what I have available  {we do not have Graham Crackers in SA - for one - but I have tasted them before}

CREAMY ECLAIRS

{2 - 4 servings}

1/3 cup Sugar
1 1/2 TB Cornflour
1/4 t Salt
1 1/4 cup Milk
1 TB Butter
1 t Vanilla
1 t Gelatin, plain
1 TB Water
3/4 cup Fresh Cream, divided   {double cream/whipping cream/heavy cream}
1 1/2 packets Tennis Biscuits   {or Graham Crackers}
1/3 cup Chocolate Chips

1.) Mix the Sugar, Cornflour and Salt in a medium pot - add the Milk and beat until smooth - heat over medium heat until boiling point {stirring and scraping the sides continuously} - reduce heat to low and cook another 3 - 5 minutes until thick - remove from stove and add the Butter and Vanilla - stir until the Butter has melted - place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap - cool in the refrigerator for 90 minutes.
2.) Beat 1/2 cup of the Fresh Cream until stiff peaks form - keep aside.
3.) Sprinkle the Gelatin over the Water until spongy - microwave 10 - 15 seconds until clear and dissolved.
4.) Remove mixture from the refrigerator - beat for 30 seconds - add the Gelatin - keep beating until well combined - fold in the whipped Fresh Cream {in 3 batches}
5.) Place a layer of Tennis Biscuits on the bottom of a 20 x 20cm pie dish - spoon over half the pudding mixture - place another layer of Biscuits over the pudding - followed by the remaining half of the pudding mixture - end off with a layer of Biscuits.
6.) Heat the remaining 1/4 cup Fresh Cream until just warm in the microwave - stir in the Chocolate Chips - keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted.
7.) Pour the Chocolate over the top Biscuit layer - chill at least 6 hours or overnight.

Cut into squares and serve.

Hope you enjoy !

With A Blast

Linking up with some of these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:




1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda. This recipe looks so cool and refreshing. My guys love eclairs, so they will be happy when I try it out. Visiting from One Project At a Time and am a new follower. I would love to have you visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse when you get a chance. I am sharing Fiesta Night recipes!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis