Thursday, July 18, 2013

Creamy Nutella & Cookie Ice-Cream

Creamy Nutella & Cookie Ice-Cream ~ The creamiest ice-cream you can make at home !   #icecream #nutella

This is easily the creamiest ice-cream I have ever eaten ! The cookie layers provide just enough crunch to actually give it a chew .. otherwise it is so creamy, you won't need to chew at all ;-)

If it's been in the freezer for a while and rock solid, I like to pop it into the microwave for just 30 seconds - delish !

I did not layer this too high as I like to cut these kind of desserts into squares  - mine measured about 5 x 5cm  {2 inch square}

Instead of buying Vanilla Ice-Cream from now on, I will rather make the filing and keep that in the freezer for all the desserts that need an ice-cream or cream to serve with. Although, I we might eat it on it's own.

CREAMY NUTELLA & COOKIE ICE-CREAM

12 - 15 servings

1 cup Fresh Cream   {double cream/whipping cream}
250g Cream Cheese, plain, softened
1 cup Icing Sugar
1 1/2 packets {200g packets}Chocolate Biscuits   {Moirs Chocolate Tennis or Graham Crackers}
Nutella {I used about 1/2 jar}


1.) Line a 20 x 30cm baking dish {or similar} with plastic wrap - overlapping the sides.
2.) Whip the Cream until just thick {it shouldn't be overbeaten}
3.) Beat together the Cream Cheese and the Icing Sugar - add the whipped Cream and gently beat into the Cream Cheese mixture.
4.) Spread enough Biscuits with Nutella for 3 layers - place a single layer in the bottom of the prepared dish - Nutella facing up - scoop 1/3 of the Cream Cheese mixture over this layer - repeat the layers and end with a layer of Cream Cheese - cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 - 6 hours.

Remove from freezer and let sit for 10 - 15 minutes before slicing.

Serve !  

ps: Second helpings will be requested ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Once again, you have me wanting something sweet and yummy....for breakfast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing...that photo sure gets my sweet tooth going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Nutella :) With as hot as it's been, maybe this should be my dinner! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious!!! This would make a great dessert anytime especially during the hot summer. Yummy!
    Sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! That looks and sounds awesome! Stopping by from the 'On Display Link Party' - I'm pinning these to my ice cream board - my kids would love this :)
    Happy Tuesday!
    Ang, Juggling Act Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful treats with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nutella and cookies? Yes please! This looks amazing...thanks for posting! This would be perfect to link up to my Create It Thursday post…it's live now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my yumminess! This looks delicious, LInda! Thanks so much for sharing! If you haven't already, I'd love for you to link this up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop. The links are random, so there's still plenty of exposure! Hope to see you there.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete