Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Curried Peach Salad

With A Blast: Curried Peach Salad      #salad #peach #currysalad

I make this salad fairly often and because it keeps well in the refrigerator, we sometimes have it twice a week.

For some reason, I like this {minus the sauce} on a sandwich as well, but apparently that's only me, at least in our family !

Depending on what you serve as the main dish, you can either drain off the sauce {which is quite thick} or serve as is.

This is another recipe which I found years ago in one of my favorite recipe books GESINSKOS and know by heart by now.

Even with the addition of curry, kids love this salad.

CURRIED PEACH SALAD

8 - 10 servings

2 Onions, grated
1 TB Oil
1/2 TB Curry Powder, medium strength
2/3 cup White Vinegar
1/2 t Turmeric
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 t Salt
1 t Cornflour
1 can (825g) Peach Slices in syrup
1/3 cup Seedless Raisins

1.) Saute the Onion in the Oil until soft and fragrant {not browned yet} - mix the Curry Powder with 2 tablespoons of the Vinegar - add to the Onions - cook 1 minute.
2.) Mix the remaining Vinegar, Turmeric, Sugar, Salt, Cornflour and the syrup of the Peaches {keep the Peaches aside} - add to the Onion mixture together with the Raisins - simmer for 15 minutes.
3.) Meanwhile, cut the Peach slices in half - add this after the initial 15 minutes of simmering to the Onion mixture - simmer another 10 minutes.

Leave to cool completely and place in the refrigerator to chill.

Transfer to a serving dish and serve cold.

Till later,

With A Blast

Linking up with some of these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:




3 comments:

  1. What type of meat do you serve this with, it's almost like a chutney flavour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaches are my favorite fruit, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw - Idk if it's just me, but I can't pin this :/ Not from the footer share button or the pinterest pin it button on my tool bar.

    ReplyDelete