Friday, August 23, 2013

Hamburger Crunch



Crunchy, meaty and saucy !  You get it all in one recipe. This is a delicious and quick dish which I have found whilst roaming the internet {as usual!}

The original recipe was on Recipe Lion and you can have a peek at it HERE. I adapted the recipe slightly - if, however, you prefer a less saucy dish, but still want all the flavor, omit* one can of the Tomato Soup and add a 115g can of Tomato Paste.

We actually enjoyed the sauciness and it was an absolute joy, to dip dinner rolls into it. Other than the dinner rolls, I only added a green salad on serving.

HAMBURGER CRUNCH

6 servings

2 TB Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
750g Ground Beef  {Mince}
2 cans Tomato Soup   {see* above if you prefer a less saucy dish}
2 t Garlic & Chili Powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste
4 cups Corn Chips   {I used BBQ flavored Fritos}
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated

1.) Pre-Heat the oven to 180 deg C {350 deg F) - spray a 20 x 30cm oven dish with cooking spray.
2.) Heat the Olive Oil in a medium pan and saute the Onion and Green Bell Pepper until soft - add the Ground Beef and cook until done.
3.) Add the cans of Tomato Soup and the Garlic & Chili Powder - heat through and season to taste with Salt & Pepper.
4.) Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared baking dish - top with the Corn Chips - bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
5.) Remove dish from the oven - sprinkle with the Cheddar Cheese and return to the oven - bake until the Cheese has melted and is bubbly.


Hamburger Crunch  - crunchy, meaty and saucy!  #hamburger #casserole via:withablast.blogspot.com

Out of the oven


Hamburger Crunch  - crunchy, meaty and saucy!  #hamburger #casserole via:withablast.blogspot.com

Serve and enjoy !

Till later,

With A Blast

Linking up with some of these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:




15 comments:

  1. A dish with Fritos...I'm all in!! Leave it to you to suck me in with one of my all time favorite chips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! I love all the ingredients individually but never thought of putting them together - one I'll have to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds kind of good to me and rather simple to make. Easy to convert for two people. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I would love you to add me to your link parties that you visit and share a recipe like this one. My party is Tuesday Tastings and usually goes live Monday nights. http://foodyschmoody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds kinda like chili and Fritos in a casserole - I'm in :) Pinned this, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make something similar and my lot LOVE it, your take on it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, I'll make it but sub for deer meat. Looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow...so going to try this...I am so hungry now and it's only 5 am.

    http://dinoheromommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopped over from Tasty Tuesdays. This is the kind of recipe my family loves! Thanks for sharing! Definitely going to make this one!
    Kristin from DizzyBusyandHungry.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good, kinda a like a taco in a bag. Visiting you from Tasty Tuesday.
    This would make a good party dip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like a Walking Taco in a big dish :) The schools here serve little bags of Fritos with seasoned taco meat and cheese. I like the idea of saucy...and dinner rolls. Everything is better with dinner rolls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks good - and easy! I like the crunchy top.

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have had a great weekend and have a fabulous week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing at Weekend Potluck! {and for linking back within your post so I can vote for you} This looks fantastic!
    Hugs, Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

    ReplyDelete