Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mouse Mouse-Cover

Mouse Mouse-Cover   {easy - no traditional knitting!}  #crafts #mousecover #loomknitting #withablast.blogspot.com

{this post contains a link to a product similar used for this craft to which I may get commission should you decide to buy using the link}

This was so not a planned craft !  But okay, it has to be one of the weirdest looking mice I have ever seen, but I still thought I'll share it with you ;-)

Something definitely looks odd - I think it's the whiskers {is that what one calls that on a mouse?} Anyway, it kinda looks more like a fish to me in some ways, although when I asked a couple of people what they think it is, their first answer was " a mouse " , so that's when I decided to share it here on the blog, even if it'll only give you a laugh !  That's okay, I'm laughing the loudest ;-)

So, this started with Dimitri asking if I could make a bag/pouch {anything really} to store his wireless mouse in. Apparently he uses it from a distance, too lazy to get up and put it away in a proper place on his desk. Therefore, it just gets thrown into a drawer, and he is the type {only one of us all, I reckon!} who likes to take care of his stuff, you know, no scratches or bumps etc.

Right, I used one of my round looms - they come in different sizes {see the #Amazon link below if you'd like} which is normally used to knit beanies etc.  When I chose the size I needed, I followed the instructions in the packet - it is very easy and basic - you don't need to know anything about knitting to use this.

Halfway down, my mind started seeing a mouse, not the PC mouse, an actual mouse, and Voila! the idea was planted !  I finished off the loom knitting part and added a "tail", some yarn for the eyes and whiskers, and hot glued felt pieces on for the ears. 

Mouse Mouse-Cover   {easy - no traditional knitting!}  #crafts #mousecover #loomknitting #withablast.blogspot.com

That's it - start to finish in about an hour !

Below is an Amazon link to one of these products where, if you carry on browsing, you can see prices, different sizes etc.  I started off by buying a small Nifty Flower Maker Loom, but after that, bought a full range with all the sizes, as it works out much cheaper that way.

There are also long, straight Looms in different sizes available  {I have just finished a Chunky Blanket/Throw using one of those and will share that as soon as I have actually decided how to decorate the two ends}



But, just for the fun of it - what did, or do you now, see ?  A mouse, fish, ?? or totally something else and no, you can not say your mother-in-law - thats's not nice .. lol!  

With A Blast

Linking up with some of these cool parties - also see my complete Party List:





8 comments:

  1. This is so cute Linda! Love it. I like the colour you used. Blue is my favourite colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile :) Totally looks like a mouse to me! Something tells me if I had something like this around, my kiddos would confiscate it for themselves to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. This is cute. I'm hosting a giveaway for $100 in throw pillows at my blog. You should swing by and enter! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/throw-pillow-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally cute idea! Off to make one for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! Thanks so much for sharing at the Krafty Inspiration Thursday party, I can’t wait to see what you link up this week!
    Happy Thursday
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.
    http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete