Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Creamy Mushroom Soup

With A Blast: Creamy Mushroom Soup   #soup #appetizer #mushrooms

Mushroom Soup is one of my favorite soups {after Tomato Soup of course}. This recipe is quick and convenient as it uses all pantry ingredients, except maybe the mushrooms, but we buy mushrooms every week, so for us, it really is a pantry {fridge} stock ingredient.

I actually hate cooking during the Winter, and am always looking for recipes which are quick and easy. A Big cooking affair is normally okay if I have the gas stove on and maybe both the ovens.

My house is really cold in Winter and really, really HOT during Summer ! I don't know why we can't ever have some just comfortable temperatures in the house .. well, I suppose we could try and swing the house to face some other way, but that seems like a very bad {and even if possible!} an expensive business ;-)

So, here we go to this delicious recipe:

CREAMY MUSHROOM SOUP

4 servings

2 TB Butter
1 Onion, chopped finely
1 t Garlic, crushed
500g Mushrooms, sliced
2 TB Flour
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 can (380g) Evaporated Milk
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to serve {optional}

1.) Melt the Butter in a large saucepan - add the Onion and Garlic - saute until soft but not brown.
2.) Add the Mushrooms and sprinkle the Flour over - stir well to mix - add the Chicken Stock and the Evaporated Milk - simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the Mushrooms are soft and the soup has thickened.

Transfer to a serving dish and if using, sprinkle with Black Pepper.

Serve with fresh bread or rolls.

Till later,

With A Blast

Linking up with some of these cool parties - also see my full Party List:





9 comments:

  1. Oh now you're talkin! I love mushrooms AND soup and fall is on it's way here. Perfect soup weather! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm I love mushroom soup! What a great recipe!
    dropping by from the Bouquet of Talent link party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Sounds delicious, I love mushroom soup. I love soup, I can eat soup anytime summer or winter. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for Fall :) I haven't made mushroom soup in quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious, we love Mushroom Soup. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to invite you to the Friday Flash Blog Party, the best linky in town! I hope you'll join us and link up. Who knows. You may just get highlighted!

    The party goes on ALL weekend.

    Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution
    www.thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing at our TGIF Link Party at A Peek Into My Paradise. I hope you will be back to link up another awesome post this week!
    Cathy @ http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the recipe, am gonna try this...the weather here is still rainy and cold so am gonna go for it. I love mushrooms

    ReplyDelete