Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Steak & Potatoes Dinner {One-Pot}

Steak and Potatoes Dinner {One-Pot} ~ One-Pot Dinner to make in your #SlowCooker / #PressureCooker / #Stovetop ~ all times given #OnePotDinner

This one-pot dinner can be made using your slow-cooker, pressure-cooker or a normal pot simmering on the stove top.

Way past delicious! Everything you need for a balanced meal is included here, meat, a variety of mixed vegetables and loads of potatoes.

I used my pressure-cooker, which I absolutely love. But, if for any number of reasons, you'd like to use your slow-cooker or cook the meal in an everyday pot on the stove, that is fine as well.

I decided against rice {which I would normally serve with a stew-like meal} as this recipe contains a lot of potatoes already, and only served some French Bread slices on the side.

STEAK & POTATOES DINNER

6 Servings

2 TB Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped roughly  {large chunks}
750g Beef Steak, cubed/strips/chunks     {I used a Silverside Roast}
2 cups Beef Stock
1 can (410g) Chopped Tomatoes
1 t Sugar
1 t Italian Herbs
4 - 5 Large Potatoes, with the skin and scrubbed clean, quartered
500g Mixed Frozen Vegetables, defrosted    {I like the Carrot/Green Beans/Broccoli/Cauliflower                                                                                 /Marrow combination}

1.) Heat the Oil in a large pressure-cooker or pot - saute the Onion until soft - add the Beef and stir-fry 2 - 3 minutes to brown all over.
2.) Add the Beef Stock, Tomatoes, Sugar, Italian Herbs and Potatoes - PRESSURE COOKER: pressure cook for 15 minutes  STANDARD POT: simmer for 2 hours SLOW-COOKER: cook on High for 3- 4 hours until the meat and Potatoes are soft and cooked.
3.) Add the defrosted Mixed Vegetables and cook as follows:  PRESSURE COOKER: 5 - 8 minutes STANDARD POT: 15 - 20 minutes  SLOW-COOKER: 30 - 45 minutes on High.

**Note: More liquid might be needed, whilst simmering, if you make this in a standard pot**


6 comments:

  1. Linda this looks really good and just in time for our upcoming cool weather! Pressure cookers scare me...I'm using my crockpot on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love my pressure cooker I will give this a try. Pressure cooking is my fave because I'm rarely that organised lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing - I have a pressure cooker that I have never used because I have heard horror stories .... However, I love the idea of how quick dinner can be on the table! I may just need to get over my fears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, stopping by from Mellywoods. As our summer is just coming to end, it was almost 90f yesterday and more like 70f today, this recipe is just what the doctor ordered. I'm a stew kind of girl and I will most certainly be making this or having the hubby do so. Great directions, pinning ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda! Thanks for stopping by Tasty Tuesdays and sharing your fantastic recipe~ Have a great week! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! Thank you for sharing at our TGIF Link Party at A Peek Into My Paradise. I hope you will be back to link up another awesome post this week!
    Cathy @ http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete